When: Tuesday, April 24, 9:00am to 4:45pm
Where: The King’s Centre, King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PH
How much: £75
In this one-day workshop you’ll learn the basics of developing web apps with React.
- We’ll gain an overview of what *React* does, and what problems it tries to solve.
- We’ll learn how to use *create-react-app* to dodge the complex configuration issues which can stop folk in their tracks when getting started.
- We’ll work through the construction of a simple application, including some tests and a live deployment.
- We’ll discover some of the libraries and techniques used in larger *react* applications, and explain why you probably don’t need them… yet…
If you’ve met Rupert before it probably won’t surprise you to know that we’ll be building an app to help people find their nearest public loo.
You’ll need a laptop you’re comfortable using, and you’ll need the following software installed:
- A recent version of node.js
- A programmer’s text editorGit
- A working command terminal
- You’ll need a github account