(leading to a Software Development role at C A Design Services – Great Yarmouth).
About C A Design Services
Operating from offices in Great Yarmouth, Leeds and Wolverhampton, we are experts in retail planning and surveying, helping the UK’s largest retailers across many sectors, including grocery, non-food, DIY, clothing and jewellery.
Using our 30 years’ retail experience, we provide a fully integrated store development service for our retail customers using our in-house surveyors, experienced store planners, 3D visualising studio and software development team.
We’ve invested in the latest technology to support, report and maintain our client’s store planning projects using our specialist in-house developed software, StoreSpace® – this is where you could fit in as part of our software development team:
- Have you got a keen interest in coding technologies?
- Are you interested in starting an exciting career in IT?
- Do you want support and mentorship from highly skilled professionals?
In response to the region’s software developer skills shortage, we are working with Wymondham based Netmatters, a full-service technology company, to offer hard-working, self-motivated individuals from the Great Yarmouth and surrounding area, the opportunity to join the FULLY-FUNDED Scions Coalition Scheme. The initiative provides all the building blocks necessary to form a successful career in software and web development.
Delivered by a team at Netmatters, the hands-on course is run in a commercial software development department, with full training and support provided by their experienced professionals.
Applicants who are successful at the sifting stage will be interviewed and those identified as having the talent and aptitude for the training will be offered a place to join the funded scheme. Once learners have completed the course and have proven themselves to have a great attitude to software development work, they will be presented with the potential opportunity of being offered a position by C A Design Services (or one of the five Norfolk-based sponsoring technology companies), as a junior software developer.
If you are offered a position at C A Design Services (CADS), you will work on projects such as our in-house developed ‘StoreSpace’ software, a retail space planning application that is used by the largest supermarkets in the UK including M&S, Sainsburys, Argos, ASDA and Waitrose. This year we’re taking StoreSpace global, implementing it for clients in South Africa, the Philippines and Malaysia.
- There is no cost to join the course
- Applicants are welcome to apply from Great Yarmouth and the surrounding area
- The course is run by Netmatters and takes place at their office in Wymondham
- Just like a full-time job, learners will be with Netmatters for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Learners will be asked to follow the same rules and standards of practice as the rest of the team.
- Based on how you progress within the course, the scheme can last anywhere between 3 and 9 months
- CADS may offer to take you on at any point, and if agreeable, help hone your skills in specific areas of interest
- Costs for train travel between Great Yarmouth and Wymondham rail stations may be available to CADS selected candidates. Details on application.
Since starting in 2008, they have become a leading full-service digital agency in Norfolk. In the last ten years they have gone from 2 staff members to just over 60 and are showing no signs of slowing down. Netmatters offer a range of services, from web design and development to cybersecurity, telecoms and digital marketing. Anyone working at the company will learn something new every day.
How to apply
If you have an aptitude for software, a can-do attitude and the drive to succeed, you can apply for the Scions Coalition Scheme by emailing your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view Press Coverage about the course click here
For more information about the course provider Netmatters click here